The Winner of Ladies’ Ski Jumping Team Event is Russia
Ski Jumping Junior World Championship Team Event gold medalists are Mariia Iakovleva, Aleksandra Barantceva, Anna Shpyneva and Lidiia Iakovleva from Russia. They took the win with 66,8 points before team Germany. Russia had impressive lead already after first round. However, the bronze battle was a tight competition between Austria and Japan. After the final round Austria took the third place 1,3 points ahead of Japan.
Russian Anna Shpyneva was happy for the win.
– Our team is now in a good shape and we are very happy for the win. I think it’s the first time that Russian women team is actually on the top.
– We just jumped very well and that’s it, Lidiia Iakovleva commented after the competition.
Russian coach Dmitri Tikhonov is satisfied with Russian’s organization and coaching. He is also waiting for Sunday’s mixed team event.
– We have a good team. Russia might be on top three, Tikonov said.
Team Germany was on the second place during the whole competition.
– In my opinion it was a good competition. We showed good jumps and I think all in all it was okay, Selina Freitag said in the press conference.
Germany’s 4th place last year changed to a silver medal today in Lahti.
– It was a great competition for team Germany. It’s great to jump here in Lahti and we enjoyed it. I hope that I can jump tomorrow in mixed team competition, Agnes Reisch continued.
Team Austria had to wait till the end of the race to see if they get medals or not. They were confident for themselves and the team itself.
– I knew that we are a strong team and we all knew that we have good chances. We all gave our best. We are really happy for the bronze medals. It was a good competition, Marita Kramer thought after the medal ceremony.
It’s only one day left in Junior World Championship in Lahti. The competitions have been a good platform for young athletes to showcase their talent and abilities.
– It was a good opportunity to prepare for world cup and for adults’ world championship for some day. Claudia Purker from team Austria analysed.
Austria’s coach David Fallman was satisfied today’s competition.
– They managed to do very good stuff. In the end it is a third place and the first medal for girls in Junior World Championships ever. It’s another chance tomorrow.
Photo gallery for JWSC2019
Photo credits JWSC2019 / photographer
TOP3 athletes’ comments available on Soundcloud