Team Germany wins the World Champion title in Ski Jumping Team Event
Ski Jumping Junior World Championship men’s Team Event gold medalists are Luca Roth, Kilian Maerkl, Philipp Raimund and Constantin Schmid from team Germany. The gold battle was a tight competition between Germany and Norway. Team Germany took the win only with 2,9 points before team Norway. Team Slovenia took the third place with 952.6 points.
Team Germany was really happy to be the world champion. Kilian Maerkl sums up the team’s feelings.
– Crazy. It’s awesome – no words, Kilian Maerkl said.
The competition was tight till the end. Last two jumps were dramatic.
– I did my best jump in this week during the last round. Quite a right moment Constantin Schmid thought after the race.
The silver medalists praised the fair competition.
– Superfair competition. There was no wind and many long jumps especially during the last round. It was also a fun competition to watch, Fredrik Villumstad from Norway sums up.
Team Slovenia wanted to take medals to home.
– Our goal was to be in the podium and here we are. We are satisfied, Zak Mogel.
Next steps to atheletes in order to reach world’s top level are coming. There is one way.
– Enjoy and have fun, I guess, Assistant coach Tilen Gros from Slovenia smirkled.
Photo gallery for JWSC2019
Photo credits JWSC2019 / photographer
TOP3 athletes’ comments available on Soundcloud